MisterX released his Christmas present for the community: the Japan Pro freeware scenery for X-Plane, which brings Tokyo and Naha (Okinawa) to life.
The amount of work is impressive as you can see by the screenshots below. MisterX is upping his game with each release which he is amazingly kind to share with the community for free.
Here's the list of features:
- Completely new set of high quality autogen buildings
- Baked ambient occlusion
- Night textures
- PBR materials
- Complete autogen tiles
- High resolution ground textures
- Details like cars, trees and fences
- Different kinds of houses, large apartments and industries
- Enhanced cities
- Naha: cruise terminal, cargo harbor, photoreal scenery
- Tokyo: Skytree, Tokyo Tower, harbor
- Highway signs
- Cars and trucks (dynamic and static)
- Shinkansen (bullet train)
Unfortunately, not a lot of custom buildings were added so there are not a lot of helipads (actually, only one was added) but it sure allows for other developers to build upon MisterX's work.
Perhaps a community effort to improve the base work? That would be amazing to see!
Please note: the link above was either provided by the author of the product, the store that sent us the review copy or a personal choice of the article writer. It does not, in any way, indicate an endorsement of HeliSimmer.com to the website hereby linked.
More about this scenery